Saturday 28 July 2018

BADDESLEY CLINTON AND THEN MARSH LANE.



As Friday was going to be the last day before the rains come I thought I'd better go out with the camera but where to go was the problem.Decided to play safe and go to Baddesley Clinton where I can get into position for the Spotted Flycatchers less than 15 minutes after leaving home.

As soon as I got there I saw that things were different it was very quiet when usually the adults are continually flying in and out of the nest.Could the chicks have fledged ? If so the chances of seeing the birds are very slim.

Here are a couple of shots where the birds were seen and I got all my shots.






In a 45 minutes stay I only saw one once and that was high up in the trees.These are the only shots I managed.This Summer's Spotted Flycatcher season may be over.Not complaining it has been very enjoyable.






I then received a text from John Hunt  "Black Tailed Godwit on CP pool at Marsh Lane" . Five minutes later I was leaving the NT car park heading over to Marsh Lane but just as I'd opened the main gates when I got there I received another text " Don't bother it's flown off " Don't you love it when that happens.

As expected Marsh Lane was very quiet the only shot I took was of a juvenile Shelduck .





No comments: