Tuesday 14 August 2018

SAND MARTIN ATTEMPTED FLIGHT SHOTS.


Been out a few times since my last post mainly down to Marsh Lane.Yesterday's Dunlin was too distant to get a shot off and I got there this morning a few minutes too late and missed a Wood Sandpiper that was on the CP pool very briefly.

The only fun to be had was trying to get flight shots of the few remaining Sand Martins.Very tricky as they fly around so fast and you need bright sunshine behind you else you get silhouettes all the time.Here a few of the better efforts. 









Among all the crappographs was this gem.My first ever Sand Martin flight food pass.





NEWS FROM THE BACK GARDEN.

In order to improve my chances of getting some birds into the garden I have erected an old bird feeder frame.





The new set up has done quite well the Tit flock that tours my area of Knowle calls in for a feed at the new local bird restaurant.The flock is mainly of LT Tits ,a few Blue Tits and a lone Coal Tit. So fingers crossed for the future.









No comments: