Saturday 11 August 2018

THE BACK GARDEN.



My back garden in Knowle till a couple of years ago was great for birds especially in the Winter but the last few years things have gone right down the tubes.

I used to see Siskins, Redpolls, Blackcaps and Bramblings but lately even the more common birds have rarely visited. To try and improve matters I recently invested in a bird table shown below.The battens have been added by me to keep out the damn Wood Pigeons.




The new bird table and feeders have been up and running for nearly a fortnight now but as far as I can see no birds have visited.This all changed yesterday late afternoon when a Tit flock came into the garden feeding on the trees.

A Long-tailed Tit was seen on a nearby bush.






A juvenile Long-tailed Tit was on the fencing








One of my statues had a visitor which I'm sure was hoping a mess wouldn't be left behind.




The feeders were visited by a Coal Tit ,a few Bluetits ,a few LT Tits ,a Great Tit and surprisingly a Nuthatch that soon left.No birds visited today so far but I am glad at least the duck is broken.







No comments: