Tuesday 25 September 2018

BLIMEY 2 GREAT WHITE EGRETS AT MARSH LANE.


Went down to Marsh Lane again this morning getting there at 8.15 AM.It was very sunny and a bit frosty but no wind so it was quite pleasant.

Soon headed down to the Oak hide to see if Big Whitey was still about doing his stuff.However after a quick scan round I couldn't find him but I need not have worried because I found him a bit later he was right across the railway pool at the back of the main island.As he eventually came into the open I thought I caught sight of another one.Surely not two !!!! Eventually the second one showed as well.I think two might be a Marsh Lane record.

Loads of more GWE shots (Yawn) .This first shot is not too good but look in the background a fox !!




A few shots showing the pretty big wingspan.










These are shots of the new bird which I like to think is a female but I don't really know.






Finally some shots of them together.Took quite a while to get these.











No comments: