Monday 17 September 2018

FRUSTRATION AT EARLSWOOD RESERVOIR.



Heard in the morning that there was a Black Necked Grebe on the Engine Pool at Earlswood Lakes (found by John Oates). Couldn't go down though till after an early lunch.

Parked up at 12.30 PM to find it very gloomy and very windy with rain threatening.Even worse I could not see any other birders about.Oh Dear this does not look good.

As I made the effort to go there I thought I'd better at least try and find the bird so I walked right round to the other side of the lake and checked from along the causeway. It was there that I met another birder and we finally spotted it right in the middle of the lake.

I waited patiently for it to come a bit closer but it didn't play ball during my 40 minutes stay.Considering the poor conditions and the distance involved (getting on for 100m) the new camera set up did pretty well.No keepers but you can see what it is.

What was very annoying was that when I walked all the way back to the other side near the car park my little friend had come right in close to the shore and a photographer there just where I had been was getting some great shots . 









No comments: