Friday 14 September 2018

THE GWE PAYS ANOTHER VISIT TO THE LOCAL PATCH.


Went down to Marsh Lane again this morning getting there just after 8.00 AM.It was a bit gloomy and it was quite cold.

It was very quiet and after an hour I thought I'd head home but just after I got back to the car park John Hunt rang me to tell me that the Great White Egret had just landed on the RW pool.That's where I had just left.

I raced back to Oak hide just in time to see walk behind the reeds at the end of the marsh.




It stayed hidden for quite a while and when it appeared again it flew further away onto the spit.




I raced down to the river hide hoping it would come close.It did but still a fair way off.Here are a selection of shots the first show the difference in size with a Little Egret.They are pretty big.










It caught a fish much to the annoyance of other birds.








The Grey Heron put in a challenge but was no match for the Great White Egret.






No comments: