Wednesday 6 February 2019

SHOTS FROM THE ARCHIVES (PART 2)


In September 2016 a Bairds Sandpiper was reported on the Flashes at Upton Warren.As usual I delayed going but luckily it was still there when I eventually got there.Had to be patient to get a shot as the sunshine was right into your eyes.




In September 2011 I was on the beach at Cley when a fellow birder shouted "Arctic Skua" and I managed my one and only shot of one.




In May 2011 a Black-throated Diver was reported at Shustoke reservoir.Had to wait a while but it eventually came into range.





Cuckoos are very hard to catch up with these days but in March 2012 I was very lucky when one landed in a tree near where the Ted Drury hide is now at Brandon Marsh.




Haven't seen one for a few years now but in February 2008 a Firecrest showed well near the bridge over the stream near Ham's Hall Coleshill.





When a Great Reed Warbler was reported in a small reserve just outside Derby in June 2010 I shot over there mainly because despite a 4 hour wait along the East bank at Cley I failed to see one that would not come out of the reeds.No one else was there but the loud call helped me locate it and get some shots 



No comments: