Friday 26 July 2019

ABBEY FIELDS KENILWORTH.


In order to avoid the worst of the heat I set off pretty early in the morning to the churchyard in Abbey Fields Kenilworth hoping that the Spotted Flycather chicks had not fledged yet.

I checked out the nest first and was pleased to see that the chicks were still there and being fed by the parents.



Also in the same location were some very active Swifts (I reckon 20+) so I thought right I'll get some shots.Half an hour later after a lot of swearing I gave up far too fast for me these days and not a single shot that looked like a Swift. Great to watch though specially when they come close.

It was a bit cloudy so when I turned my attention to getting some more shots of the Spotted Flycatchers I was not too confident of getting any decent ones.However  I was yet again reminded that bright sunshine is not necessarily the best condition for getting decent shots and I managed some pretty good ones.














On two occasions I watched both parents teaming up trying to catch a butterfly.Some great flying and wonderful to watch so close. 

Also went to Baddesley Clinton NT  property but it was far too hot to stay long.Did have time though to check on the Swallows that nest on the main house.The only pair that turned up this year have bred very well and there are at least 8 birds flying around now.Here are some shots of the youngsters. 







No comments: