Tuesday 30 July 2019

BACK TO LOCAL BIRDING



After an early morning visit to Sainsbury's on Monday and seeing the weather would be the last decent day for a while I went the short trip to the NT property at Baddesley Clinton again.

I can get the grounds to myself if I get there early and I did that morning in very pleasant weather.The inner courtyard of the house which has been great getting close to some Swallows was very quiet and they could only be seen high in the sky.

Lots of Nuthatches were calling but they were all high up in the trees so no shots.The first bit of action was when I caught up with two young Goldcrests with which I had the usual battle to get some shots. No keepers but great fun and lots of swearing as they kept hopping around. These are the only shots I managed. 










It was a good job I found the pair of Spotted Flycatchers in Abbey Fields because for the first time in many years none nested in the grounds here.

The only other shots I managed before the visitors started wandering around were of a young and friendly Grey Wagtail.









1 comment:

Sharon said...

Those young Goldcrests are delightful! The adults are hard enough to photo so I can only imagine how patient you had to be with the youngsters :)