Tuesday 16 July 2019

JOY: A SPOTTED FLYCATCHER AT LAST.



After completing some household chores this morning I was feeling pretty grotty but as it looked being very nice weather  I forced my aching body and into the car and set off to another spot where I found some Spotted Flycatchers last year. 

When I got to the place I didn't head to where I saw them last year but was distracted by at least a dozen Swifts (my first of the year) whizzing round some houses in a completely different part. I then spent quite a while trying to get shots of the Swifts.So how did I do then ? Terrible is the answer.They are difficult to shoot when you are young so for an old goat no chance. Here are my least bad shots. 








The Swifts had the habit of disappearing every so often so I took the chance of checking out a little bird that had been hopping about on a bit of flat roof.Rattled of a distant quick shot and look what it was : A Spotted Flycatcher. No way would I have looked there when searching for one I could not believe my luck.




The Swifts were forgotten and |I devoted my attention to the Spotted Flycatchers one of my favourite birds.Got some decent shots.













No comments: