Friday 5 July 2019

OUT IN THE SUNSHINE.



Despite things being very quiet on the birding front locally I could not let this great weather pass without going out with the camera.On Tuesday morning I went over to Brueton Park and it was no surprise that I didn't find any birds with both the main lake and the cafe reserve being almost birdless.

Not deterred I went over to Baddesley Clinton NT on Wednesday morning getting there early so I could have the grounds to myself before the crowds arrived.The woods by the stream and along the lake are a great spot particularly on a sunny morning. It was hard work though finding birds so it was a surprise when a Grey Wagtail landed near me and came pretty close.It stayed in the shade though.








Desperate to take more shots I spotted this young Great Tit drying itself after a bath.






Then for the best part of an hour in the trees alongside the lake I had a battle to get some shots of a Goldcrest. I lost the battle it kept disappearing and when it showed again it stayed in the gloom (see the shots below).Great fun though one of my favourite birds.







No comments: