Tuesday 9 July 2019

SOME BETTER SHOTS OF LOCAL BIRDS.


Did a bit better this week on getting some shots mainly in the grounds of Baddesley Clinton NT.

Spotted this Pied Wagtail on the house main roof searching for nest material.












Failed yet again to find any Spotted Flycatchers at the spot they have nested for many years in the grounds of the NT property so I am worried now as I should have found them by now.Went after shots of a Goldcrest again and did OK but as usual it was real battle.Great fun though.














Did spot this butterfly which I think is a Marbled White.




Bet not many photographers have taken a shot of a Robin perched on the head of a Lion.




Another shot of the same Robin which was taken through some double glazing as it perched on a garden seat.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Max I have been to Baddesley Clinton and didn't find much apart from a few swallows and a young Robin and Wren. I heard a GS Woody and noticed a couple of volunteer gardeners showing interest. I had a chat with one of them and they said that no one had seen a Spotted Flycatcher this year. I have not seen one at Packwood Church this year - bad news.
Good to see you are getting out and about locally I no longer go to Marsh Lane just local spots including Morton Bagot where I found some Avocets apparently the first for quite a few years. Richard was really pleased and the have since returned.
All the best.
Jeff Preston