Tuesday 24 September 2019

MY LOCAL PATCH IN THE SUNSHINE.



The excellent weather last week encouraged me to go to my local patch (Baddesley Clinton NT) three times as usual getting there just as they opened the doors to the grounds.

Like everywhere else locally it's not easy to find birds to photograph but it's such a nice spot in the sunshine it doesn't matter too much.Here are a couple of shots both taken round the lake.






On the birding front I didn't do to well considering I made three visits. This Wren came to check me out when I arrived in the car park. 






This Bluetit was sunning itself on a hedge line.






Had my usual battles with the resident Goldcrests but I didn't do too well. I don't know whether I'm getting slower or they are getting faster. I suspect the former. This is all I could get.






Best by far for me was on Friday when resting on a bridge by the lake a Nuthatch landed very close looking for some food.







2 comments:

Ángel Rodríguez said...

Nice pictures Max. That wren is quite similar to local eurasian wren (Troglodytes troglodytes) that live in my area (Andalusia). The anothers ones are known.

Grettings!!

Sharon said...

Lovely photos! Your Goldcrest pictures are better than what I've ever managed to snap so I'd be happy with those. Lovely that the Nuthatch landed so close :)