Thursday 5 March 2020

GARDEN BIRDS AND A SURPRISE VISITOR.



A few shots of the usual visitors to my back garden in the last couple of weeks.
















The star visitor this winter has been the female Blackcap who still visits pretty regularly.The other day on a neighbour's distant tree she was with a male.Hoping he would visit my feeders were dashed when he flew off.Got a distant crappograph.






A couple of days ago whilst cleaning upstairs I noticed a Siskin was on my feeders.Cleaning was abandoned and I grabbed the camera to get a few shots.Not seen one in the garden for several years and not seen one anywhere for a couple of years.










I have ventured out a few times but the cold weather has restricted me a lot. Did spot some House Sparrows in a car park. These used to be common locally but now seem to have disappeared.






Keen to try a new setting on my camera for flight shots I've struggled to find any larger birds in the air. Where are all the Kestrels and Common Buzzards ?  Did get some poor shots of a Rook and a Sparrowhawk.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like digestive biscuits as well, seems a waste on the birds!!!

Max Silverman said...

The digestive biscuits I use are from Sainsbury's Basics Range and cost very little and crumble when you open the package.
I love their chocolate covered digestives which are not cheap.

Max