Tuesday 12 May 2020

A BRUSH WITH A CUCKOO.



As the sun was shining and the wind had dropped this morning I thought I'd go over to a local patch to get some exercise. With the camera and bins of course.

As soon as I got there I heard a Cuckoo calling. As I'd not seen one let alone getting any shots for a few years now I was keen to find it.

It was not on the local patch but across the road in another area. Luckily I soon found it high up on a distant tree but unluckily the bright sun was right behind it and as soon as I tried to reposition myself it flew off and all I got was this crappograph.  




Had a bit better luck but not all that much when it flew off.












Certainly no keepers but so great to see one at long last . Thought I'd post a shot of one from yesteryear. This was taken at Brandon Marsh close to the Ted Jury hide.



No comments: