Monday 25 May 2020

IT'S A STRUGGLE OUT THERE.



It's a couple of weeks since my last post but I have been out there with the camera several times and have struggled to find any birds to take shots of. I do not go to reserves any more but try to find birds in the countryside myself and that's the trouble. I go to some pleasant spots all pretty local but all have been very quiet.

A bird that used to be plentiful at several local spots but now only a few years later is hard to find and that is a Swallow. This morning I went to a spot in Berkswell were a couple of years ago there would be lots of them in the churchyard and in the village and I didn't find one this morning. All I found was a lone House Martin.

No decent shots to post I'm afraid 















4 comments:

Mick said...

Hi Max, Yes it is vary hard out there at the moment to find much of interest. Based upon a blog entry of yours from last year I have been to a churchyard in Kenilworth looking for Spotted flycatcher. I have been a couple of times but no joy. I have a copy of your photo from last year of the bird at its nest site but I can’t actually identify that location from the detail in the photograph. Am I missing something? I have a friend who lives in the High Street at Kenilworth who I visit to help out during the lockdown and have visited the church a couple of times from there but as said, no joy. Have you been this year? Could I possibly be at the wrong church?

Best wishes,

Mick Brewer

Max Silverman said...

Funnily enough I went today.A visit to Kenilworth is a big trip for me these days. I could not find any Spotted Flycatchers there in their old spot although it might be too early. I found them last year well into June or later.
The location of the nest was in the eaves of the roof of the houses you can see when you walk up the path that goes right after you leave the church door.They are on the left before you get to the road.
There were only a handful of Swifts in the same location this year.

Max

Mick said...

Hi Max, good to hear back from you and pleased to know I was at the right church! Visited yesterday but no flycatchers yet, I will let you know if I see them there.

Mick

Max Silverman said...

Cheers.