Saturday 11 July 2020

AN EXCITING MORNING.


Yesterday morning I headed over to Temple Balsall again but this time I went to the pond near the main car park rather than Temple Fields.

Had no luck at the pond but in the trees around the car park the Chiffchaff that I've heard many times lately singing away but which remained well hidden in the leaves actually showed itself.Managed a few decent shots for a change.












There was rain in the air so I decided to head home for a coffee but when I stopped at the road junction by the school and looked across the road into the small sewage works I was sure I could see a large bird inside the equipment protection cage.

I drove over and parked in the layby and was amazed when I looked through the site security fence and through the sewage equipment mesh cage I saw a Tawny Owl.It must have got in through a gap and could not get out.It was very distressed and was doing a lot of wing flapping.

I put it out on Twitter and contacted Severn Trent straightaway. Calls to the RSPB and the RSPCA were a waste of time. The bird was released later that day by Severn Trent and taken into care. 

Took a few shots when the Owl calmed down and perched on a low wall. Almost impossible to get any shots in focus because of the security fence and the mesh cage







No comments: