Monday 6 July 2020

DIDN'T THINK I'D FIND ONE THIS YEAR.


This morning I went to the NT property at Baddesley Clinton for the first time since they re-opened. I would have gone earlier but you have to book up at least a week in advance which I don't like as you don't know what the weather is going to be. It was windy and dull this morning.

Had to go through two check points just to go into the grounds. I had less trouble going through Check Point Charley in Berlin in the cold war. When I started to walk round everything of interest for birds was roped off. Brilliant !!!!!

Did get a shot of a Goldcrest in the gloom and of what I think is a young Song Thrush.








I left pretty soon and luckily decided to walk upto the church first rather than go home for a coffee straightaway. Lucky because look what I spotted right at the start of the path. A Spotted Flycatcher. One of my favourite among the Summer visitors. Didn't think I'd catch up with one this year. It flew off so only one shot and didn't return.




However my luck continued when I entered the churchyard.Look what was waiting for me.It seemed to be saying " Where the f*** have you been. We've been here for weeks and you only turn up now"












I think this is a juvenile high up in a tree.If they have fledged it'll be hard to get any more pics.



4 comments:

Andrew said...

Well done Max hard work pays off , good to see your out and about , regards Andrew and kay

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Andy

Unknown said...

Great stuff Max i would love to see A Spotted Flycatcher again.
I am surviving by viewing a live webcam at Cley. Spoonbills, Ruffs, Greenshank, Godwits, Egrets, Green Sandpipers, Avocets, Shelducks - Just to name a few. It doesn't beat out birding
but very interesting.

Keep up the good work

Jeff Preston

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Jeff. I was very lucky to be in the right place at the right time twice as the bird would disappear for quite a while from both spots.
The annoying thing is that the birds used the churchyard for a few weeks and the bloody site was closed.The chicks have fledged now.