Monday 29 March 2010

An early morning visit to Brandon Marsh.

Having got frozen to death Saturday evening at Marsh Lane waiting for the Barn Owl to show and having to leave before frost bite set in and failing hopelessly to see it I thought I must make an effort Sunday morning so I set off to Brandon Marsh for the first visit in a few weeks.

Got there pretty early to find a bright sunny morning ideal for getting some decent shots.So how did I do ? Pretty poorly really only getting some so so pics.

I was greeted near the centre by a Song Thrush who was giving an early morning concert unfortunately high up in a tall tree so hard to get a decent shot.Well it was for me!!!!



I decided to walk round past the wind pump and go that route and try for Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers shots.Saw plenty of Chiffchaffs but they were singing out high up in the trees and saw two Willow Warblers but they were too illusive for me to get a shot.Here is the only shot I managed of a Chiffchaff.



For the next hour I tried to get the first pic of the year of a Cetti's Warbler and what a game that is!!!!! Round by the golf course I found a couple singing out but as usual they darted around madly and always stayed deep in the scrub.This is the only half decent shot I managed.




Over the Golf course area there were quite a few Common Buzzards gliding in the thermals but as usual they stayed a fair way off.Here is my best shot of the morning.



By mid morning the clouds were building up so I had a quick look in a couple of the hides.The Carlton hide was very quiet and besides some sleeping Common Snipe the only bird I saw from the East Marsh hide was a lone Redshank.



No comments: