Wednesday 7 April 2010

A Visit to Marsh Lane

Although I'd been out birding a couple of times round Easter I'd found nothing to point the camera at and had got very cold as well to make matters even worse.

Things changed for the better Tuesday lunchtime when I popped across to Marsh Lane to find it quite mild although a little breezy and plenty of decent birds around to point the camera at including Redshanks,Little Ringed and Ringed Plovers,Chiffchaffs,Common Buzzards,Oystercatchers etc


Thought I saw a Little Stint in the same spot it was seen last year but I think it must have been a Common Sandpiper although it was not bobbing when it fed and looked very small next to the Lapwings.Wishful thinking.What do you think?


There were four female Goosanders on the Railway pool but a bit distant.




Best spot of all was a cracking male Yellow wagtail from the Carpark hide.Pity it was not sunny.



No comments: