Friday 15 April 2011

Chasing the Brandon Pied Flycatcher.

This morning, as soon as I saw a friends shot of a Pied Flycatcher he took yesterday at Brandon Marsh, I thought I'd have a go for this as it would be a nice Warks Year tick.

Got there at 10.00AM and went straight to the place it was seen (just past the Wright hide)but a search produced nothing.Other birder's who had been searching since dawn had also drawn a blank.

Also failed to see the Wheatear that had been seen this morning nor a Grasshopper Warbler that I could hear reeling on the Newlands.Not a good start to the morning's birding then.

Things didn't get much better as lunchtime approached.I did get some shots of a Chiffchaff but that's easy at the moment.






Also got some better shots of a Common Whitethroat but that's all I'd got for a morning's birding.








No comments: