Thursday 14 April 2011

A Lunchtime Visit to Marsh Lane.

Having got fed up doing some gardening in the morning on Thursday to cheer myself up a bit I went over to Marsh Lane at lunchtime.

It was a bit gloomy but not cold when I entered an empty car park hide.Luckily for me the Pintail was a little closer than it has been so I could get some decent shots of this great looking duck.





I also spotted a Yellow Wagtail but it was on the island in front of the hide so I was frustrated in getting my first shots of the year.Well I was until it flew very briefly onto the grass in front of the hide.I had to be quick but got some decent shots.






Had a quick wander round and was pleased to get a couple of Warks Year ticks when I saw a Sedge Warbler (105) briefly and a Reed Warbler (106) very briefly in the reeds just past the causeway.No pics far too quick for me.

3 comments:

Steve Seal said...

Marsh Lane is not in Warwickshire !!!!

Pete Walkden said...

Max is "old school" though Steve, and doesn't acknowledge the likes of the "West Midlands" yet. In fact, he still believes the world is flat...

Max Silverman said...

Thanks guys.As I said in an earlier post I am using old Warwickshire boundaries.