Friday 10 February 2012

Shots from the back garden.

Worried that the camera would seize up with lack of use I decided on Thursday morning to have a go at taking some shots of any birds that turned up in my small suburban garden.It was a bit gloomy but I'd thought I would give it a go for an hour.

I have been lucky that putting up a nyger feeder has been successful and has attracted quite a few Lesser Redpolls recently.




















Goldfinches are a rare visitor to my garden  but a couple did drop in for a short while.









The male Blackcap did show on the fence but he shot off almost immediately and I got no shots.The local Robin was more forthcoming and I managed to catch him in full song.









On my way home from a bit of afternoon shopping I couldn't resist stopping near some berry trees again and getting some more shots of Fieldfares and Redwings.I think Fieldfares are cracking looking birds.














2 comments:

Millhouse Photography said...

Cracking garden shots mate.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Christian but I must get some decent shots of the Blackcaps.