Saturday 9 March 2013

Marsh Lane in the gloom.

Fed up with staying in and seeing that the weather was going to get even worse in the next few days I went over to Marsh Lane Saturday morning even though it was very gloomy and hopeless for taking pics.

As often happens when the weather is poor there were a few decent birds about.The first were a couple of Dunlin on the car park islands which were my first waders of the year.Managed a few crappographs.



A Oystercatcher landed in front of the car park hide in the rain.




A good spot from the north causeway screen by a couple of friends were a pair of Pintail way off in the distance (no way would I have spotted them so far off).I was pleased to get a couple of shots even at distance in the gloom.



There were a couple of Goosanders on the Railway pool but they would not come close and I failed to get a decent shot. 




My very good friend the Bittern was showing again on the left hand side of the Reed Bed pool.It showed for all the two hours I was on site but despite several visits to the screens it never showed well enough for a decent shot.



No comments: