Sunday 22 September 2013

GOOD BIRDS BUT POOR PICS AT BRANDON MARSH.



Despite it being a bit gloomy on Saturday morning I went over to Brandon Marsh.I headed straight to the Wright hide to see if the Pectoral Sandpiper was still about but despite searching for quite a while I could not see it.

As I walked round to the East Marsh hide it was very quiet and the only shots I managed were of a small flock of Long-tailed Tits.






Things improved a lot when I joined up with Jeff and George in the EM hide.It was not long till George spotted a wader on Willow island and despite the distance we soon ID it as the Pectoral Sandpiper.This heavily cropped crappograph shows how far away it was.




I didn't do much better when we all went round back to the Wright hide.It would not come any closer.




Not long after George found the Pectoral Sandpiper I spotted another wader even further away on Willow island.It was a Ruff. Didn't do much better getting shots of this chap but it did threaten to come a little closer on one occasion.






So a couple of very nice birds to see at Brandon but very frustrating not being able to get even a half decent shot particularly of the Pectoral Sandpiper.Here's a shot of one taken 4 years ago at Draycote Water.Cracking birds.



No comments: