Saturday 19 April 2014

SHOTS FROM A COUPLE OF VISITS TO MARSH LANE.


Went to Marsh Lane on Friday and Saturday mornings to see if anything new had dropped in.The thing in common on both visits was how very cold it was particularly in the hides where a bitter wind was blowing in.

My good friend the Common Redshank was showing well in front of the CP hide again and seemed a little upset that it couldn't come into the hide.




Got my first shots of the year of a LR Plover which was one of two on the Railway pool but the little devil remained a long way off.




Nice to see some Common Terns back.I counted at least 10.




A very good spot on one of the Railway pool islands was my first Yellow Wagtail of the year always distant but nice to see.






In the back gate coppice a pair of Mistle Thrushes can be seen.Too gloomy for decent shots in there but I was pleased to get these shots.






The Thrushes are not happy to see you walking through the coppice and dive at you screeching out their rattling call.This is a crappograph of one diving at me.




The best spot was seeing 6 Common Sandpipers from the CP hide on Friday.5 were on the grass to the right of the hide and one on the islands.Never seen so many of these chaps together before.












On Saturday there were at least 6 Sedge Warblers on site.Got my first pics of the year but all at distance.







No comments: