Monday 22 September 2014

SHUSTOKE RESERVOIR.


I was about a week late but this morning I finally decided to go over to Shustoke Reservoir and see if the Ruff(s) and the female Garganey were still about and would like to be photographed.

Got there at 10.30 AM and had a bit of luck because I bumped into Dennis who quickly pointed out the female Garganey to me.A bit distant but great to see it was still there.







Dennis and I strolled down towards the west end of the reservoir and I soon spotted a Ringed Plover feeding on the edges.







As others have said the Ruff(s) have showed well and today was no different there was only one but it was very obliging not at all fussed by an ageing photographer getting pretty close.I've never got this close to a Ruff before even in Norfolk.











At one time it had been in front of me for over 10 minutes so I asked it what it thought of my photography skills.This is the reply I got.




Later that afternoon from my back garden a couple of Ravens cruised over pretty high up.





No comments: