Saturday 27 December 2014

WHERE HAVE ALL THE BIRDS GONE.


Even allowing for the pressures of Xmas and the bad weather the few days I've been able to go out with the camera lately has been very poor with very few birds about.Also as far as I know nothing of note has been reported at any of the local patches.

Often in the winter months I go on a local countryside drive which goes round Lapworth, Baddesley Clinton,Fen End etc. and stop off at several viewing spots.This has in the past been very rewarding but the two go's so far this winter have been very poor with little or nothing on show.Usually I can find flocks of winter thrushes but this year I've been lucky to find one.Got this lone Fieldfare on a berry tree in Four Ashes a few days ago.









Late change :  Just spotted the bird above is not a Fieldfare but a Mistle Thrush.I threw away the Fieldfare shots and posted the Mistle Thrush shots and didn't notice.What a burk ! ! 

The back garden and my neighbour's (we are all keen bird feeders) have been very poor so far this year with no winter Thrushes or Redpolls/Siskins turning up.Having said that I did have a nice surprise one dull afternoon just before Xmas when I spotted a Grey Wagtail feeding round my neighbour's new pond.A new one for the garden list.Took these shots through a top hung bedroom window.








No comments: