Tuesday 14 April 2015

MARSH LANE AND BRANDON MARSH




On Monday morning I popped over to Marsh Lane for a quick visit.

Got my first shots of the year of a Sand Martin and a Common Sandpiper.There also 3 Common Tern on the RW pool and I got a half decent shot of a Chiffchaff.










On Tuesday morning I went over to Brandon Marsh to try for shots of a Cuckoo that had been seen on the tip area but I had no luck and didn't even hear it calling.Spent most of my visit chasing after Warblers but didn't do too well there either which was down entirely to me as there were loads about but I couldn't get onto them quick enough.

Did OK with Willow Warblers and Blackcaps.










In the car park just as I was leaving a text told me there were 2 Ring Ouzels at "Baddesley Clinton near Brooke Pk."Now I know Baddesley Clinton pretty well as it's near where I live but I've never heard of Brooke Pk.

As I was cruising round looking for Brooke Pk. I received another text "2 Whimbrels on CP pool at Marsh Lane". I abandoned the Ring Ouzels and shot over to Marsh Lane.I was lucky because they flew off after I'd been in the hide a couple of minutes but I managed a few shots.Light was poor with the sun right behind them but great to see at Marsh Lane.












No comments: