Thursday 9 April 2015

OUT AND ABOUT WITH THE NEW CAMERA.



With this excellent weather the last few days I've been out and about trying to get to grips with the new camera.Mostly I've stuck to local patches but on Tuesday I went over to Brandon Marsh for my first visit for ages.

I used to go to Brandon Marsh a lot but after a few disappointing visits and the roadworks on the A45 causing long delays I've not been there for ages.It was nice to have a good look round but besides finding my first Willow Warbler of the year (no shots) I didn't do too well and only took a few shots in the early morning misty conditions.








I've been down to the Knowle churchyard a couple of times but couldn't get any decent shots of the Goldcrests at least nowhere nearly as good as I got before.I was pleased with this Mistle Thrush shot as it was very high up in a tree.




I've been down to Marsh Lane a few times this week but the only visit that I had any success was this mornings.From the Oak hide when I was in relax mode I owed a lot of thanks to Glen Giles who spotted 6 Black-tailed Godwits that flew in and off in a few seconds.They did not land and did not stay.








In the back gate coppice I was very pleased with these two shots as they were taken in gloomy conditions which the old camera would not have handled.








Back in the Oak hide where I had raced to after being told a Curlew had landed on the RW pool.The good news was it was still there the bad news was that it was a long way off.Nice to see though.





Loads of butterflies around.Got this Small Tortoiseshell in Knowle churchyard.



No comments: