Saturday 19 March 2016

CHECKING OUT MY LOCAL PATCH AGAIN.


On Thursday morning I popped over again to my local patch Marsh Lane getting there at 9.30 AM. I was a bit surprised to find I had the place to myself.Was this the morning I would find a rarity and become famous.No chance ! !

Had my first bit of luck with the camera at the N causeway hide where I spotted a pair of Lesser Redpolls feeding at the bottom of the reeds.I was pleased to see them because I've struggled this Winter to get shots of these chaps.








I made a mistake when sitting in the oak hide when I asked a Canada Goose what it thought of my photography skills.This was it's response.




I soon found out that the Canada Goose was in a bad mood.It had spotted his wife with a rival who it attacked and chased off and then started to give his wife a right telling off.




Whilst scanning around the RW pool on the furthest spit to the left of the hide I spotted a wader.It did not look like one of the 6 Redshanks around but I was not sure what it was.I took a couple of long range shots just in case.It soon flew off north.Not till I downloaded the shots did I realise it was a Ruff.






The Ringed Plover turned up again and I was able to get a few shots.






The 6 Redshanks on the RW pool continue to entertain and are often very frisky which gives some opportunities for the camera.












Had another bit of luck back in the car park when I spotted a Kestrel in the Oak tree.First one I've seen for a long time.





No comments: