Tuesday 12 April 2016

A COUPLE OF LOCAL PATCH VISITS.


Been down to Marsh Lane both yesterday and today in the morning hoping something good might drop in so I could get some decent shots.

On both mornings Linnets were showing well along the causeway.






On one of the CP pool islands was a lone Little Ringed Plover so I was able to get my first shot of the year.




The pair of Great Crested Grebes were doing their courtship dance not far from the N causeway screen hide this morning.







Found a Dunlin on the RW pool this morning but although I was patient it would not come close.






On both mornings a Common Tern was about a bit distant but I was able to get my first shot of the year.




A couple of the Hybrids that visit Marsh Lane occasionally were present this morning.






Whilst concentrating on getting some shots of this Chiffchaff along the causeway I nearly jumped out of my skin when a Muntjac dashed across the path only a few feet away. 






A pair of Oystercatchers are favouring the area in front of the CP hide at the moment coming pretty close to the hide.



No comments: