Sunday 10 April 2016

BRANDON MARSH VISIT CONTINUED.


After all the excitement of the Sparrowhawk/Green Sandpiper escapade had died down I noticed this Jay just to the right of the Teal pool hide who had been watching the action from a safe distance.



.
I finally caught up with the Black-tailed Godwit which was on the EM pool and best seen from the Wright hide.Very pleased to have found it.








After this I had a walk round trying to get some Warbler shots. Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers were pretty easy as there were quite a few around but Cetti's Warblers were much harder to find let alone to get a shot of.Some shots of Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers.









Spent a while trying to get a shot of a Linnet but failed as too many twigs in the way and it was too distant.It must have felt sorry for me because just as I gave up it flew and landed very close and in the open.




Just before I left mid morning a pair of LRP's landed on the main island on the EM pool.Although they were too distant to get any shots a juvenile Med Gull and a juvenile GBB Gull were also on the EM pool. 





No comments: