Friday 15 April 2016

TWO LOCAL VISITS.


On Wednesday morning I popped over to Marsh Lane again fingers crossed something decent had dropped in.

There was a Little Ringed Plover on the CP pool but was much to distant for a shot.Had more luck on the RW pool where a pair of Ringed Plovers weren't too far from the Oak hide.Even got a half decent flight shot.










Lots of birds singing in the back gate coppice area but the only shot I managed was of one of the Willow Warblers there.




Then back in the oak hide I had a very annoying half hour.At first I was chuffed to find my first Sedge Warbler of the year and although it was singing out high up on the reeds it stayed miles away and all I got was this crappograph.Nice to hear one again though.




On Thursday the blasted weather man (the idiot on BBC 1 local news) told me that it would be overcast with heavy showers all day.So instead of going out birding (there was a BN Grebe at Shustoke) and getting wet I went shopping in Solihull.It turned out to be the best Spring day so far this year.How can they get it so wrong.

After lunch in very fine weather I went over to Shustoke hoping the BN Grebe was still there.It was but it was miles away right across the reservoir from the car park.I've learned from previous visits that it's a mistake to walk right round to the other side thinking you will be closer to the bird because you aren't and from that side the sun is in your eyes and you cannot get a decent shot.Whilst waiting for the Grebe to come closer I did see a Grey Wagtail.




After an hour of waiting patiently the Grebe didn't come any closer so although I've got loads of shots of these chaps I still haven't got a decent one in Summer plumage.These crappographs are all I got after waiting patiently for over an hour.





No comments: