Thursday 21 April 2016

LOCAL PATCH VISIT.


Went to Marsh lane again this morning getting there at 8.30 AM to find it a bit cloudy and not nearly as warm as yesterday.

Had some luck in the CP hide when a pair of LRP's showed well close to the hide enabling me to get my best shots so far this year.



.




Made a mistake a bit later without knowing it by heading off to the Oak hide because a little later on 5 Yellow Wagtails were spotted on the crop field and I missed them.

For a change the RW hide was worth the walk down there because a Lesser Whitethroat was in fine voice singing out from the top of a tree on the railway embankment.After trying for quite a while I couldn't even get a crappograph of it as it stayed at the back of the tree before flying off.Had to make do with a shot of a Song Thrush.




Had a bit more luck again on the railway embankment when a couple of Common Whitethroats dropped in.My first of the year.





No comments: