Saturday 9 July 2016

A HOBBY AND A COMMON BUZZARD.


Been out a few times this week with the camera but as expected at this time of year it was not easy to find any birds to point the camera at.

Earlier in the week at Marsh Lane I could nor resist taking shots of this handsome chap who was in front of the Oak hide.I also managed a distant shot of a Common Sandpiper. 








A trip over to the Earlswood Lakes early one morning to get some shots of a Scaup seen the day before ended in failure as it had gone.All I got was a shot of a Common Tern.




Yesterday when it brightened up a bit I went over to Marsh Lane again.Had some luck straightaway when whilst still in the car in the car park I spotted a Hobby in the distance.I gambled on the river hide being the best place to try for some shots and it was a decent choice because I got  a few distant shots before it soon flew off south.It never stays long.








Whilst walking back along the causeway I spotted a Common Buzzard being harassed by a few Common Terns.




Managed a few shots of the Buzzard before it flew off.







No comments: