Tuesday 2 August 2016

A COUPLE OF HOURS IN THE OAK HIDE.


On Monday mid morning I went over to my local patch Marsh Lane.I'd gone because it was exactly a week ago the GW Egret paid a visit and I hoped that it had scheduled Marsh Lane as it's Monday place to go.Of course it hadn't but worth a try to see that great bird again.

I soon ended up in the Oak hide but I was not confident of seeing any birds to shoot as the vegetation has grown so high this year that it is hard to see much.In all the years I've been a member there I've never seen the vegetation grow so much in the Summer months.On some of the islands the vegetation has spread out so much this year that the mudded areas for waders has almost disappeared.

I had to be patient which is not my strong point but I did manage to get some decent shots.I think all the shots I got were of juveniles but I'm not too sure.First up were some Little Grebes that showed between a gap in the vegetation. 




Next to show was a Reed Bunting that came close to the hide.




It took me a long long time to get any shots of a Sedge Warbler that showed a lot but never stayed still but I got him in the end when it came pretty close to the hide. 










Also present but only briefly was a Reed Warbler.








The last bird that showed was a Wren that looked very grumpy.







No comments: