Saturday 12 November 2016

MORE PICS FROM THE PAST.


Still out of action with the back but not too worried as I don't seem to have missed much locally.Except that is for a Water Pipit at Marsh Lane which my good friend Jeff Rankin got some cracking shots.So here are a few shots I managed over the years of better birds.

When I heard that a Great Reed Warbler was showing at in a reed bed at a reserve in Derbyshire June 2010 on the 21st I drove over there hoping it was still there.Luckily it was and I managed my first shots of one of these chaps.




I was at Titchwell on a Saturday in September 2012 when I received a text telling me an Osprey was showing well at Upton Warren. I couldn't get over there till the next Monday but I was lucky it was still around fishing on the sailing club lake and eating it's catch on the posts at the flashes.I believe it stayed several days.Took this shot on the 13th.  





Got this shot of a Firecrest in the small coppice at the back of the Reservoir pub by Earlswood lakes.Taken on 19th March 2014.




I was at Titchwell on the 5th  September 2014 and not finding much when a text told me a Wryneck was showing on the East Bank path at Cley.Not having got a decent shot of one of these chaps I shot over there.Met a birder on the path who told me it had not been seen for an hour but he told me where it had been seen.After no more than a couple of minutes standing there on my own it made an appearance. 




On the 4th August 2014 my good friend Kath Everitt rang to tell me she was watching a Night Heron at Seeswood Pools near Nuneaton.Having only got a shot of the legs of the one that showed at Earlswood lakes I shot over there where Kath kindly met me on the causeway and took me to where to view the bird.Mind you we were stopped by the fishing club warder and diplomacy was called for before he let us pass.




On the 1st May 2014 I was having breakfast when my good friend John Oates rang to tell me he had found a Bonaparte's Gull at Marsh Lane.Not having even heard of one before I shot over there and managed a few shots.




Walking on the beach at Titchwell on the 16th September 2010 I found a Lapland Bunting (well re- found really as it had been found the day before).A lifer for me that day.




Was at Draycote Water on the 8th October 2009 and was lucky to get a decent shot of a Lesser Scaup that had been seen the day before.This shot was taken as it cruised round Toft bay.



No comments: