Sunday 5 March 2017

A MORNING AT THE LOCAL PATCH.


Popped down to Marsh lane again Saturday morning.Spent most of the time dashing between the two hides on the causeway trying to get some shots of the Cetti's Warbler that was singing out a lot.Not only did I fail to get any shots I only had a couple of very brief glimpses.

I missed the Redshank on the CP pool and failed to get a flight shot of the Oystercatchers that were zooming around.Got them landing though.




A pair of Great Crested Grebes were threatening to do their mating dance but I missed it if they did.




I had my best count at Marsh Lane of Goosanders when I spotted nine on the CP pool.Always distant so only got some heavily cropped shots but nice to see.








Missed seeing the Jack Snipe in the marsh from the oak hide it (maybe 2) had been showing well earlier but did manage some frisky shots of a Wren.









Not long after I left upto 5 Waxwings were spotted in the car park and in the old road.

No comments: