Tuesday 18 April 2017

A GREAT BIT OF LUCK AT MY LOCAL PATCH.


Got to Marsh Lane early this morning getting there in bright sunshine but a very chilly wind at not long after 7.30 AM.

Spent the first 20 minutes trying to see the Lesser Whitethroat that was cruising along the Old Road from the main gate down towards the CP gate.I heard it calling a lot but never got even a glimpse let alone a shot.

Spent most of my two and a half hour stay along the causeway and in the river hide. Didn't do all that well with the camera here are some of the better shots.












At 10.15 AM desperate for a coffee and some warmth I decided to leave.When I got to the car park two of my friends told me that 5 minutes earlier they had seen an Osprey over the railway pool.At first I didn't believe them so when they finally convinced me that it was true I turned a dark green with envy.Yet again I'd missed an Osprey at my local patch.

I was still seething a minute later when I looked up and over the CP hide were two raptors very close together.One was and the other was not a Common Buzzard.Not sure what the other was I was shrewd enough to rattle off some shots as it flew off south west.It was an Osprey.How lucky was that. 







No comments: