Friday 1 December 2017

WINTER THRUSHES.


On Wednesday morning I went over to Berkswell again to have another go for the Hawfinches that show in the churchyard in the Yew trees if you are very lucky.

As usual there was good and bad news.The good was that there were 3 present that morning.The bad was that it was very cold and my thermals were penetrated very quickly and even worse news the Hawfinches were always distant way too far off for a shot.

I was there for a couple of hours and only once did they go into the Yew tree.I think this is a shot of one.




Yesterday morning was far too cold for this wimp to go out birding in the open so using the car as a hide I went off to check the local berry trees for winter thrushes.I was lucky to get some shots of Redwings because the Rowan berry trees that only a few days ago were laden with berries were now almost bare.














It was great watching them feeding on the last few berries.They get into some interesting positions. 







No comments: