Monday 4 December 2017

AFTER THE HAWFINCHES AGAIN.



After doing the early morning weekly shop at Sainsburys today I decided to get over to Berkswell and see if the Hawfiches were still showing in the churchyard.

Got there at 9.30 AM and had the place to myself.Had luck straightaway when I spotted one high up in the Yew tree nearest to the church.It was well hidden but I got a few shots.








It soon flew off and I had to wait quite a while before one showed again.This time I was on the other side of the Yew tree near the back gate when one landed at the top of the tree looking good in the sunshine.






After another pretty long wait  2 landed again at the top of the Yew tree and showed well if you stood right by the church.Managed my best ever shots of one of these chaps.










No comments: