Wednesday 6 December 2017

MARSH LANE.


After the excitement of at last getting some decent shots of a Hawfinch the day before at Berkswell yesterday for the first time in a while I popped over to my local patch.Got there at 9.30 AM to find it a bit chilly and very gloomy.

The CP pool was full of Geese Gulls and Ducks but I could not find anything exciting to point the camera at. The Cetti's Warbler was again singing very close to the N causeway hide but I'm blowed if I could see it let alone getting a shot.

I was chuffed to see a Kestrel perched near the crop field.It was the first one I'd seen  for a long time.It was far too gloomy to get a decent shot though. 








The only other success I had all morning was spotting a drake Mandarin on the RW pool.Always distant but nice to see.







No comments: