Wednesday 27 December 2017

CHASING HAWFINCHES AGAIN.


Having had a very lazy and indulgent Christmas day I was determined to get some exercise on Boxing day so after some domestic chores and a visit to Sainsbury's to stock up I drove over to Berkswell to see if the Hawfiches were still about.

Got there at 9.45 AM to find it sunny but very chilly.There was only one other birder there and he soon left after an angry call from his wife.Oh Dear.

It wasn't too long before I spotted one high up in the trees at the boundary of the churchyard.So good.They were still about.






After a bit of a wait one caught me off guard when it suddenly appeared on the tree next to the archway on the lower wall..Couldn't get a clear shot as twigs were always in the way but not complaining the bird was pretty close. 






I then had a bit of luck.Half an hour had gone by since my last sighting and having been there an hour I was in wimp mode and was very cold.I was thinking of heading home to reduce the possibility of frostbite when a car pulled up right next to me.An elderly chap got out and he was wearing shorts and a tee shirt.In response to my "My God aren't you cold" he said "Feeling cold is all in your mind".He then set off for a walk.

Why this was lucky was that feeling a bit ashamed it kept me from leaving.Quite quickly 3 Hawfinches dropped into the top of the Yew tree by the church.








When the birds went further back in the tree I raced (well alright I ambled quickly) to the other side of the Yew tree and managed some more shots.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some great shots again max