Thursday 22 March 2018

A FEW SHOTS FROM THIS WEEK.



The snow on Sunday bought a few Thrushes into the garden but they didn't stay long.No keepers but nice to see on a bad day.






Yesterday at Marsh Lane I got a shot of a LBB Gull eating a mole and my first shot of the year of a Chiffchaff.






Went to Marsh Lane again this morning.Got a long distant shot of one of the Linnet flock high up a tree on the crop field.




I thought Spring had arrived early on.It was sunny and quite warm and along the causeway a few birds were singing out including this Dunnock.




A bit further along the causeway I was very pleased to find 4 Bramblings (a male and 3 females) however there was as usual good and bad news.The good was that it was still bright and the birds were fairly close the bad was that there were masses of twigs in the way.Here are a few shots the good and the bad (mostly bad).












By the time I got to the Oak hide all traces of Spring had gone the clouds had swept in and a cool breeze was blowing.There was good news though I found my first Ringed Plover and Common Redshank of the year. The Redshank had 5 rings.







No comments: