Sunday 15 April 2018

FIRST WILLOW WARBLER OF THE YEAR.



Went to Marsh Lane early Saturday morning and the sun was shining at long last .It was great to feel warm for a change.

Nothing new on the CP pool and still no Hirundines or Terns for me so far this year.A Common Redshank and an Oystercatcher showed well though enabling me to rattle off a few shots











Along the main path I met up with Brian and Paul who told me a Willow Warbler had been seen near the back gate coppice area.Not seen one this year so I raced off there to try for some shots.Took me quite a while before I picked up it's call and managed some decent shots.













This morning the local Pondhopper turned up again to check out the ponds in both my neighbour's back gardens.This time it had bought a friend.




Amazingly although I do not have a pond one of them flew onto a tree in my back garden.Took these shots through an upstairs window the bird being no more than 10m away.






No comments: