Tuesday 10 April 2018

OUT BIRDING IN THE MIST.



Fed up with the rain keeping me indoors day after day I went over to Marsh Lane my local patch on Monday morning even though it was very misty and damp.Got there not long after 8.00 AM to find I had the place to myself and if anything the mist was thicker.

For me to get decent shots it has to be bright so I knew I was in for a struggle that morning.It was no surprise then that it was ages before I used the camera and then it was in the RW hide where the only bird on show was a Dunnock.




There were at least 4 Chiffchaffs singing around the back gate coppice area.I did have a go at one which was low down in some bushes but struggled badly.This is all I could get.




The Cetti's Warbler has started to visit the same bush along the causeway by the stream it did last year.It stops there briefly has a good sing and then flies off.That morning I was in the right place at the right time but alas the gloom and too many twigs ruined my chances of a decent shot.











Further along the causeway I spotted 3 Linnets.







No comments: