Friday 13 July 2018

ABBEY FIELDS AGAIN.



 I had no intention of going to see the Spotted Flycatchers in Kenilworth again yesterday but my good friend Kath Everitt had not got any decent shots this year of them so I volunteered to be her guide.You need a guide there as well because the churchyard where they can be seen in is huge and they are hard to find.

I got into position where I'd seen them the day before just after 9.30 AM and found an old friend Mike Lane there. Mike is a top photographer so I was very interested when he told me he had ditched all his Canon kit and was now using an Olympus mirrorless camera kit.I must check these out.

Kath  turned up a bit later and after we had had no luck where I'd seen them the day before we moved to what turned out to be a much better spot about 100m away.We had some cracking views here with the birds using the gravestones.

A couple of sort of flight shots. 






Didn't get many food shots.




At least 2 chicks had fledged.






Here are a few more general shots of the adult birds.











No comments: