Wednesday 11 July 2018

ABBEY FIELDS KENILWORTH.



Probably would have stayed in today having been over to the local patch Marsh Lane yesterday and unsurprisingly having drawn a blank but when I received a tip from Nick Barlow that a pair of Spotted Flycatchers were showing well in Abbey Fields Kenilworth I could not resist.

Things went well from the start.A pretty easy drive not too distant.A handy car park that was free for 2 hours.A short walk to the birds.A picturesque spot and very nice weather.Why can't all birding be like this.

Was in position at 9.30 AM and quite quickly I got onto a couple of young Goldcrests.








I started to get a little worried after 20 minutes as I had not seen a Spotted Flycatcher but very soon after one landed so near me that it was too close to focus on.For the next hour I got several close views of these cracking birds.













No comments: