Thursday 5 July 2018

AFTER SPOTTED FLYCATCHERS AGAIN.



As I don't travel too far these days for my birding and as it was the only show in town locally off I went this morning again to the Baddesley Clinton NT for the Spotted Flycatchers.

The first spot I visited was the one near the stream in the NE corner of the grounds.In about 45 minutes I managed 3 sightings all pretty brief.Hard to get decent shots here as it is pretty gloomy so here are my best shots.










I then headed to the E end of the grounds.Half way there along the pathway what did I spot in the gloom of an oak tree but this chap.Never seen one here before.




Didn't do too well in the churchyard at the E end of the site.I had several sightings but only in the trees on the boundary.They never visited the gravestones so no decent shots.Here are my only ones here.






I soon gave up there and tried my luck back down the main path where I'd seen one in the oak tree.Had success straightaway and got some decent shots this despite the birds insisting they should perch right above my head and walkers along the path asking what I was taking shots of








No comments: